)Will CBA High offer Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credits?
No. Based on a number of factors, we have decided not to be inspected by the Ministry of Education: current parents have not indicated that this is a priority, there are other avenues to gain acceptance to post-secondary institutions, some of our contacts in post-secondary institutions have expressed less importance on the OSSD, the accreditation process is expensive and labour intensive, an increasing number of private schools are choosing not to offer the OSSD (and their students are being accepted into post-secondary institutions), and - most importantly - we do not believe that we could provide a distinctly Christian education and satisfy certain Ministry requirements. Students transferring in from and out to other high schools have been granted equivalent credits for their grades 9&10 courses.
What opportunities have previous CBA grade 8 grads had that might not be available to CBA high school students?
Most high school courses at the grade 9 & 10 level are compulsory or core courses. We have already confirmed with local high schools that CBA students are able to transfer in for grade 11, receiving equivalent standing for their 9 and 10 years, and then take advantage of the wide array of specialty courses that are available starting in grade 11. CBA students are able to participate in extra-curricular sports and clubs similar to mainstream public high schools, such as soccer, badminton, and basketball (the girls' team won the championship in the 2016-2017 school year) as well band, yearbook, dramatic presentations, and community service. Whether or not CBA offers grades 11&12 in the future will be determined by interest and sustainability.
Will CBA accommodate students with special learning needs?
While each of our teachers will do his or her best to accommodate each student in the class, CBA has limited special education resources which we have decided will be best allocated to the elementary grades at the present time. Additionally, our primary purpose for high school courses will be to provide an academic program of study that is distinctly Christian. Presently, the only regularly offered applied level course is math; however, because of small class sizes, students are able to receive the support and accommodations they need to succeed in other academic courses. Current CBA students who are able to keep up in grade 8 level work should have no problem taking academic-level courses at any high school. As our enrolment increases, so too will our ability to expand our programming and services.
What is the deadline for registering for high school?
Students may register at any time.
How much will it cost for my child to attend "CBA High"?
As an extension of our current program, high school students will fall under the same fee structure as our current students; however, there is an additional $1000 surcharge for high school students. This surcharge is a per student, per year fee. Families with students in high school also have the opportunity to apply for the tuition aid fund each year.
Statement of Faith
The basis of Central Baptist Academy and all of the programmes which it operates is the inspired and infallible Word of God, the Bible, as interpreted in the Statement of Faith of Central Baptist Church Brantford. A brief summary of the articles follows. We believe:
1. in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
3. that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of a virgin, and is true God and true man.
4. that man was created in the image of God and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
5. that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
6. in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life here for us as High Priest and Advocate.
7. in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
8. that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
9. in the prominence of the local and visible church, baptism by immersion for believers, and the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper.
10. in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.
11. in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ
Statement of Morals
Central Baptist Academy, Ministry of Central Baptist Church Brantford Inc. 1997 believes that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and that it provides the behavioural and moral standards for our lives. Based upon our understanding of Biblical principles, we will teach our students:
a) that the promotion of hatred of any individual or group is completely unacceptable
b) that human life begins at conception and that an unborn child at any stage of development is a human being and should be treated as such.
c) That sexual intimacy is only morally acceptable within a marriage relationship.
d) that premarital sexual activity either heterosexual or homosexual (including but not limited to intercourse) is wrong
e) that marriage is an exclusively heterosexual institution involving one man and one woman.